VICE PRESIDENT, ACQUISITION & DEVELOPMENT
NATIONAL POST ACUTE CARE ORGANIZATION
LOCATION – NATIONAL
A leader in post-acute healthcare established to meet the needs of residents and patients. Services include long-term care and nursing services, hospice, home health, rehabilitation therapy, pharmacy services, independent and assisted living.
Scope of the Job:
This position reports to the Corporate CEO and will be based at corporate headquarters. You will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure successful attainment of all business initiatives.
You will have responsibility with the CFO, for the organization’s financial relationships, and the conduct of relationships with lending institutions, and the financial community. You will work closely with members of the senior leadership team growing the business through mergers and acquisitions, and strengthening the organization through proper divestures. Prior experience in being point, utilizing skills in negotiating price, down payment, interest rates, amortizing period, balloon payment, options, puts, FF&E, land lease vs. fee simple, earn outs, and lease terms is necessary. Final authorization of such negotiations will be by an executive committee of which you will be a member.
The incumbent will be accountable for various projects as usually assigned, as point including “due diligence” of new acquisitions, the integration of acquisitions and analysis of current operating procedures to ensure adoption of “best business practices”.
You will be expected to:
- Function as a partner to the CFO and other senior officers as may be required depending on the acquisition or divesture particularly when decisions regarding strategic industry regulations, rates, and changes must be taken into the decision process affecting matters of the financial operation of the company. Depending on the magnitude of the decisions e.g. the divesture of an entire service line, final authorization will be by an executive committee of which you will be a member.
- In conjunction with the CEO and CFO, lead the development of the strategy of the organization and serve as the company’s head of business development and generally act as point for all mergers and acquisitions, and divesture activities.
- Accountable for financial analysis at all levels for acquisition, merger and divestiture activity.
- Responsible for the commissioning, assumption input, and delivery of financial modeling and risk management, so as to keep the deal momentum alive and professional.
- Responsible to keep abreast of industry peer strategic actions as regards the wisdom of acquisition, merger, or divesture of company assets for the financial well-being of the company.
- We seek a seasoned healthcare industry executive with a minimum of 10 years of senior leadership experience. You should be comfortable in a business with more than $500 Million in revenue from healthcare environments with a geographically dispersed work force.
- We seek a well-rounded executive who is adept at being an adviser to executive management and capable of finding and creating good deals, adding significant value as a corporate officer. The ability to think strategically, be a pro-active problem solver, interpret financial performance through effective controls and metrics, and drive a business to commercial success is a must.
- We seek a leader with demonstrated financial deal competencies including accounting, board interactions, capital structure optimization and restructuring, credit rating, financial planning/analysis financial reporting, M&A, operating/cash flow efficiencies, and strategic planning.
- We seek an executive with extensive experience in the post-acute field (knowing many of the players) in growing and optimizing businesses through M & A and divesture activities.
- For the best fit, you must be a team player who respects individuals and values differences. You must possess unquestionable personal and business integrity that will reflect favorably on the company both internally and externally.
- You must have exceptional financial planning and operations analysis skills to support existing operations and prospective acquisition opportunities, which will include complex financial modeling skills. Prior experience with business development initiatives in the post-acute field and oversight will be very helpful in this role.
- You must have exceptional presentation skills needed for effective board meeting and capital partner discussions.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, performance bonus, and an attractive benefits package.
Vice President, Zingaro & Company