REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES –CALIFORNIA
A premier provider of post-acute health care services in the Western United States. Care Communities serve adults and seniors in need of short-term and long-term care following surgery, injury or serious illness. Facilities offer a unique blend of clinical services and technology, working hand-in-hand to produce a healing environment.
Scope of the Job
This position reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer and will be regionally based in California. You will be expected to lead administrators and manage the overall operations of assigned facilities in accordance with customer needs, government regulations, and company policies. You will focus on maintaining excellent care for residents/patients, while maintaining the census at desired levels. Additionally, you will manage Human Resources in assigned facilities, and be held accountable for meeting financial/budget goals while achieving business objectives.
You will be expected to:
- Have oversight of 8 nursing care facilities in California. Oversee the designation of the name and title of the persons at each facility who shall act as administrator in any temporary absence of the administrator, with full authority and freedom to act in the best interests of resident safety and well-being.
- Oversee the leadership of the facilities in assigned region.
- Lead the facility management staff and consultants in developing and working from a business plan that focuses on all aspects of facility operations, including setting priorities and job assignments. In working with the facility administrators, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback, and assist, observe, coach and discipline as needed.
- Develop an environment that allows for creative thinking, problem solving and empowerment in the development of a facility management team.
- Oversee administrators in their duties of regular rounds to monitor delivery of nursing care, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; morale of the staff; and ensure resident needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Oversee regional team who is charged with providing support to the Administrator, Director of Nursing and other department heads in managing the business.
- Oversee administrators in their providing excellent customer service both to internal and external customers through the ongoing support and implementation of the customer service initiatives and business objectives.
- Utilize and manage the distribution and utilization of survey information to address areas of importance as defined by our customers.
- Work with administrators to ensure consultants and other support resources are appropriately utilized and a high level of interdepartmental teamwork at each facility is maintained.
- Promote an understanding of and compliance with all rules regarding resident’s rights; promote positive relationships with residents and visitors.
- Monitor Human Resources practices at each facility to ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies, and to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices, and maintaining a proactive work environment.
- Oversee the administrators in their management of turnover and ensure current and future staffing through development of recruiting sources, and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education and development.
- Manage facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables, and receivables. Monitor business activities to ensure procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling of funds and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times.
- Oversee administrators in their communication of budget guidelines and expectations to department managers. Meet established budget and Accounts Receivable goals.
- Oversee administrators in their development and implementation of a marketing strategy for each facility that reflects service opportunities, competition, potential market-area changes, and which maximizes census, pay or mix, and ancillary revenues.
- Lead and monitor key staff and facility staff to play an active role in carrying out the marketing plan. Take initiative in evaluation, development and implementation of new business opportunities that meets the needs of the community and benefits the facility/Company.
- Oversee administrators in their development of positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, residents, families, area health care, physicians, and the community at large. Acts as a resource of information to the community related to health care issues.
- Oversee and ensure that administrators comply with, support and enforce Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports.
- Ensure each facility maintains building and grounds to appropriate standards and that equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly, and any hazardous conditions are addressed; ensure that Universal Precaution and Infection Control, Isolation, Fire Safety and Sanitation practices and procedures are followed.
- We seek a seasoned healthcare executive with a minimum of 8 years of experience in post-acute healthcare services. A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience with a geographically dispersed workforce.
- We seek a healthcare executive with a bachelor’s degree or appropriate education to meet State Licensure requirements and at a level necessary to accomplish the job. Additionally, completion of an Administrator in Training (AIT+ Program and/or prior experience as a Nursing Home Administrator) program and extensive knowledge of California regulations – Title 22.
- Must have the ability to complete multiple projects working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet Navigation.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight stays.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and government regulators, and to work cooperatively with other associates at all levels.
- Experience in performance management and effective leadership.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, performance bonus and an attractive benefits package.
Vice President, Zingaro & Company