SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS
SWEDESBORO, NEW JERSEY
A member of an $18-Billion-dollar international company. A US-Based International leader of third party specialty logistics, cold chain solutions, distribution and global transportation of temperature and time sensitive products. Serving the government and life science industry with timely distribution of pharmaceutical samples, clinical trials supplies and military supplies
Scope of the Job
This position reports to the Division President and will be located in Swedesboro, New Jersey. As General Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, and Senior Management; acting as an architect and builder of this supply chain, logistics and distribution business. The primary responsibility will be to refine and implement the overall growth strategy and direction to support operational goals and objectives.
We seek a growth oriented business leader who has demonstrated strategic skills in developing vision for a business and implementing aggressive business plans. The successful candidate will be adept at organizational design and development and will have a proven track record of accomplishment in the supply chain and logistics industry.
- Lead the Business Unit, which has locations in New Jersey, Tennessee, England, Switzerland, and Singapore.
- Direct and coordinate all the activities performed by a cross-functional team, measure business performance on a regular basis while having ultimate responsibility for achieving the Business Unit’s goals and objectives.
- Recommend and define objectives for each area of responsibility. Develop specific short-term and long-range plans and programs as well as support budget requests and financial estimates.
- Evaluate margin and profitability for the business, and ensure appropriate actions are taken to optimize these metrics where practical.
- Review and approve, or develop and submit for approval, plans for the management of operations, quality, budget spending, capital improvements, customer service and human resources.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpretation of results to direct reports to shape actions.
- Ensure Business Unit regulatory compliance for the warehousing and transportation of pharmaceutical products and make recommendations for the improvement of policies and procedures.
- Drive a quality mindset within the business; ensure resources and processes support delivery of high quality and service.
- Foster and maintain a customer focused culture throughout the business and maintain relationships with large customers as the executive sponsor.
- Lead the commercial activities of the business including sales and marketing to deliver profitable growth.
- Work closely with the customer on initiatives to ensure mutually satisfying development, implementation and execution.
- Provides leadership to the team through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Direct, monitor and effectively appraise the performance of all direct reports recommending or providing training and development activities where appropriate.
- Identify resource needs in line with defined strategies to grow and leverage the business
- Select and maintain a qualified team in all directly reporting positions.
- Formulate the long-term strategy of the Business Unit and translate that strategy into programs and actions for which responsibility is delegated with oversight and guidance to ensure execution of such programs and actions.
- Maintain awareness of and exercise sound business judgment in areas such as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic environment and related matters.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Cooperate and engage with other leaders to achieve business unit and divisional goals.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- 10-15+ years of progressive experience in logistics, with exposure to freight forwarding, specialty courier, warehousing, and distribution.
- MBA or Advanced degree in the sciences.
- Transportation or supply chain or logistics certifications.
- Results-oriented with strong decision-making ability.
- Participative management style with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop diverse personalities.
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills.
- Proven ability to motivate people.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, bonus and an attractive benefits package.
Tracy Wolfe, Partner
Zingaro, Fidler, Wolfe & Company
(512) 327-7277 OR (512) 785-8856