NATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
Recognized as a national therapy leader with more than 7,500 therapists in 1,400 locations, specializing in physical, occupational and speech therapy services. Therapist are specialty trained in areas of balance management, fall prevention, cognitive skills, complex medical conditions, incontinence management and more.
Scope of the Job
This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and will be located in Plano, Texas or Fort Smith, Arkansas. As Controller, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all financial data and for providing financial reports required by executive management and regulatory agencies. You will direct and control the general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, general ledger, external audit, financial reporting and finance process improvement functions. Additionally, you will be responsible for the successful transition and migration to a new accounting system.
Establish and maintain an accounting system, which guarantees the accurate presentation of financial results. Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures required to ensure GAAP accounting treatment, and safeguarding of company assets. Ensure those policies and procedures and effectively trained. Oversee the monthly general ledger closing process and the annual cost report preparation and review processes.
Oversee billing, credit and collections functions for the company. Ensure adequate staffing is maintained for billing and collections and ensure appropriate priorities are set for various groups when initiatives conflict. Ensure appropriate monitoring, reporting and communication of various A/R statistics. Ensure appropriate monitoring of collection expectations for various collectors. Ensure adequacy of allowance and adjust methodology for recording allowances as circumstances dictate.
Oversee Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets departments to ensure high level compliance with written policies and procedures, staffing levels are adequate and organization-wide issues are addressed in an organized, effective manner.
Oversee Payroll department to ensure high level compliance with written policies and procedures, staffing levels are adequate and organized-wide issues are addressed in an organized, effective manner.
Oversee the preparation and review of all internal and external consolidated financial reports including those distributed to management and the banks. Coordinate preparation of debt covenants, registration statements, as required. Ensure effective coordination of all external audits and work with auditors to ensure understanding of key financial issues, negotiate fees, provide representations, etc.
Perform benchmarking of finance functions to determine areas requiring attention from a process improvement or other cost savings perspective. Lead and monitor process improvement efforts.
- We seek a seasoned healthcare executive with a minimum of 10 years of finance experience and a track-record of managing diverse finance and accounting associates.
- We seek a finance executive with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA Certification is highly desirable.
- Experience managing all financial functions in a regulated healthcare environment with minimal revenues of $400M.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable, politically sensitive to enable effective work relationships with a variety of stakeholders and constituencies. The incumbent will possess superior consultative and management skills.
- For the best fit, you must be a strong communicator, a collaborative and personable leader and team player with outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills in both one-on-one and in group settings.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, performance bonus and an attractive benefits package.
Zingaro & Company