CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Our team delivers high quality, transitional medical care beginning with coordination of discharge from a hospital stay. Our services enable patients to transition, and reside in the best setting with cost-effective, quality care. Our providers participate in the full spectrum of medical service delivery including acute care, emergency care, rehabilitation care and primary care. We are committed to building a trusting and rewarding relationship with those we care for and work with by providing our services with integrity and serving with humility
Scope of the Job:
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at corporate headquarters in Louisville, KY. The Chief Medical Officer will be a key member of the executive team and will be expected to support, and facilitate an interdisciplinary team approach to the delivery of medical care. The incumbent will create a care delivery system where collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care and education is both promoted and achieved. You will be responsible for providing physician and clinical leadership to the organization regarding the quality of medical care through education and communications.
Identify and participate in the process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
Identify and articulate the vision & strategic direction for Medicine throughout the company.
Provide leadership in shaping the medical care policy, procedures and protocol of the organization.
Develop care provision tools and teaching systems.
Assist in the development of care delivery systems across the care continuum and represent the organization in the Health Care Policy development process.
Define role and responsibilities of collaborating physicians, monitor and facilitate their performance.
Provide the medical liaison function between corporate staff and facility medical directors, administrative medical consultants, medical staffs and other community physicians.
Represent the organization regarding medical strategies and issues with community care provider and payor systems.
Serve as senior medical spokesperson for the organization with Schools of Medicine, Medical Associations and State and Federal agencies.
Provide input, guide and manage the Corporate Compliance Methodology, Outcomes Measurement and Quality Management Programming.
Review any regulatory or risk issues from the medical frame of reference.
Maintain an “exclusion” formulary based on evidence based medicine findings and represent medicine in any pharmacy programming development.
Facilitate research linkages.
Foster plan and guide the development of employee health care systems and preventative initiatives.
Guide staff through unforeseen clinical/medical emergency situations (e.g. flu epidemic, hurricane, etc.).
Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- We seek a seasoned Physician Executive with a minimum of 8 years of experience in long-term care / geriatrics.
- We seek a Physician Executive with 3-5 years of management experience.
- MD plus advanced training in Geriatrics or Gerontology, MBA is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements, and compliance processes associated with each.
- Experience in data analysis, program evaluation and strategic planning.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Overnight travel, as necessary.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable, politically sensitive to enable effective work relationships with a variety of stakeholders and constituencies. The incumbent will possess superior consultative and management skills.
- For the best fit, you must be a strong communicator, a collaborative and personable leader and team player with outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills in both one-on- one and in-group settings.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, performance bonus and an attractive benefits package.
Vice President, Zingaro & Company