CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
DES MOINES, IOWA
Progressive, not-for-profit 25 Bed Critical Access Hospital near Des Moines Iowa. Member of a Regional Healthcare System. Stellar Senior Leadership team seeks exceptional Chief Financial Officer.
Scope of the Job:
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at the critical access hospital located outside of Des Moines, Iowa. The CFO will be responsible for the overall financial health of the hospital. You will work collaboratively with the CEO and governing board in the development of short and long range operational plans and budgets which support the goals and financial objectives of the hospital.
- You will be responsible for the leadership, direction and administration of all financial systems within the hospital.
- The incumbent will provide analysis and recommendations for improving system efficiencies and financial performance at a high strategic level.
- You must have a strong understanding of changing reimbursement regulations and new payer models.
- You must have an understanding of cost-based reimbursement within a Critical Access Hospital.
- The incumbent must have strong communication skills and the ability to provide financial education to department heads, staff and physicians resulting in the achievement of long and short term goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field (MBA or CPA certification preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years progressive health care financial experience.
- Minimum of 2 years fiscal management experience in a hospital (critical access hospital experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of new reimbursement requirements and payer models.
- Strong analytical and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; strong presentation skills
Progressive economic community with an attractive downtown, variety of recreational activities, beautiful parks, excellent schools and diverse restaurants near Des Moines, Iowa.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, and an attractive benefits package.
Aquila Administrative & Human Capital Services
512 785-8856 OR 512 327-7277