CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – HOSPICE
NATIONAL FOR-PROFIT HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE ORGANIZATION
LOCATION – NATIONAL
A respected and established national hospice and palliative care organization with programs designed to enhance the continuum of care model. Our programs are designed to promote quality and comprehensive services to patients, families, and the community.
Scope of the Job:
This position reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the hospice and palliative care organization. You will work closely with the President and Chief Executive Officer, The Board of Managers, ownership, and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure successful attainment of all business initiatives.
Your basic role and mission is to be accountable for the leadership, direction, control and coordination of all financial and technological activities of the company. You will direct the accounting, reporting, treasury, auditing, budgeting, risk, financial planning, and related activities of the company. This includes maintaining and enhancing the company’s basic systems of accounting, financial control, and information technology, and providing direction to the treasury functions of cash management, insurance, and participating in major financial and contractual transactions. You will be involved in mergers, acquisition and dissolution activities, financial reporting, and rendering advice. You will be expected to have industry experience and technical experience in revenue management and regulatory compliance unique to the hospice sector. You will be required to play a key role in the preparation of board materials, which include various joint ventures. You will have an active role with the parent company providing reports and leveraging the larger platform for efficient operations and taking special assignments as required.
- We seek a seasoned healthcare industry executive with a minimum of 15 years of senior leadership experience with at least 5 years as a CFO for a hospice business. You should be comfortable in a business with more than $100 Million in revenue from healthcare environments with a geographically dispersed work force.
- We seek a well-rounded innovative executive with a solid, demonstrable track record of accomplishments in both finance and operations. The ability to lead cross-functional finance teams driving strategic initiatives and process improvement is highly desirable. You must be adept at financial analysis including state of the art financial modeling.
- We seek a well-rounded executive who is adept at being an adviser to executive management and capable of adding significant value as a corporate officer. The ability to think strategically, be a pro-active problem solver, interpret financial performance through effective controls and metrics and drive a business to commercial success is a must.
- You must be a results-oriented, take-charge, hands-on, and mature leader. You should be highly professional, an excellent communicator, approachable, skilled at developing and leading teams, lead through example, possess uncompromising values, be committed to total quality, and passionate about the business.
- For the best fit, you must be a team player who respects individuals and values differences. You must possess unquestionable personal and business integrity that will reflect favorably on the company both internally and externally.
- You must have a working knowledge and deep subject matter expertise of the hospice revenue cycle. Experience with the Hospice Item Set (HIS) and its requirements for reimbursement. You must know industry best practices for hospice billing practices to successfully collect revenue efficiently.
- You must have a working knowledge of the IT systems, hardware and vendors in for hospice. You must be able to ensure these tools are being utilized and effective for the business.
- You must have experience working in a corporation with multiple subsidiaries. You must be able to report up to the parent as needed and provide reporting and analysis. You must be able to receive support from a shared services group and provide direction to the shared services team.
- You must have a working knowledge of the proper workflow for business and financial operations. You must be able to manage a central financial function that can communicate and work well with multiple offices across the United States.
- You must have exceptional financial planning and operations analysis skills to support existing operations and prospective acquisition opportunities, which will include complex financial modeling skills. Prior experience with business development initiatives and oversight will be very helpful in this role.
- You must have exceptional presentation skills needed for effective board meetings and capital partner discussions.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, performance bonus, and an attractive benefits package.
Vice President, Zingaro & Company