CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – VICE PRESIDENT OPERATIONAL FINANCE
INDIANA PORTFOLIO, SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES
A recognized leader in post-acute healthcare and skilled nursing services throughout Indiana. Due to a strong commitment to establish innovative services and provide quality care, we meet the needs of our residents and patients by improving quality of life one person, one family and one community at a time.
Scope of the Job
This newly created position, following the spin-off from a multi-billion dollar healthcare company, reports to the President. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work closely with the President, Ownership and other members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure successful attainment of all business goals and objectives.
Your basic role and mission is to be accountable for the leadership, direction, control and coordination of all financial and technological activities of the company. You will direct the accounting, reporting, treasury, auditing, budgeting, risk management, tax, financial planning, and related activities of the company. This includes planning and developing the company’s basic systems of accounting and financial control, providing direction to the treasury functions of cash management, insurance, investments, taxes, and participating in major financial and contractual transactions. You will serve as custodial of the company’s financial assets and funds. You will set the direction and oversee the technology, systems and applications of the company to ensure they are adequate and within the overall strategic plan. You will be involved in mergers, acquisition and dissolution activities; financial reporting; rendering advice; and act as the chief spokesperson with the financial community. You will maintain contact with community representatives and participate in business community affairs.
- Participate in the formulation of the company’s strategic near term and long-range goals and objectives, and the strategy and vision supporting tactical initiatives toward their achievement.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Develop, recommend and implement technology strategy and policy.
- Ensure the company’s technology, systems and applications are adequate for the operations of each business unit including corporate functions.
- Plan and develop the company’s basic systems of accounting and financial control; take appropriate action to ensure the uniform and consistent recording and reporting of all fiscal transactions and to properly present the company’s financial position.
- Develop financial and tax strategies. Provide direction in the preparation and presentation of the company’s financial forecasts.
- Establish the company’s system of budgetary control; provide the interpretation of financial results against planned performance.
- Oversee the administration of the company’s tax accounting activity; ensure that the company’s tax returns and reports are filed in a timely manner.
- Take necessary action to ensure compliance with financial requirements established by law or regulation, or to which the company is committed by agreement or contract; direct the preparation and submission of reports required thereunder.
- Provide direction in all areas covering relations with banks or investment firms.
- Other duties as assigned, and such other movement, stamina and flexibility as may be required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Lead in the identification and execution of innovative business partnerships to accelerate growth.
- We seek a seasoned finance executive with a minimum of 15 years of senior leadership experience with at least 5 years as a CFO for a complex business. You should be comfortable in a business with a geographically dispersed workforce including and a background in skilled nursing.
- We seek a finance executive with a BS in Accounting or Finance, Advanced Degree preferred. CPA Certification is highly desirable. You must be comfortable in a start-up environment with an understanding of organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- We seek a well-rounded innovative and entrepreneurial executive with a solid, demonstrable track record of accomplishments in both finance and operations. The ability to lead cross-functional finance teams driving strategic initiatives and process improvement is highly desirable. You must be adept at financial analysis including state of the art financial modeling.
- We seek a well-rounded executive who is adept at being an adviser to executive management and capable of adding significant value as a corporate officer. The entrepreneurial executive will have the ability to think strategically, be a pro-active problem solver, interpret financial performance through effective controls and metrics and drive a business to commercial success is a must.
- You must be a results-oriented, take-charge, hands-on, and mature leader. You should be highly professional, an excellent communicator, approachable, skilled at developing and leading teams, lead through example, possess uncompromising values, be committed to total quality, and passionate about the business.
- For the best fit, you must be a team player who respects individuals and values differences. You must possess unquestionable personal and business integrity that will reflect favorably on the company both internally and externally.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, performance bonus and an attractive benefits package.
Tracy Wolfe, Partner
Zingaro, Fidler, Wolfe & Co
firstname.lastname@example.org / 512-327-7277