CHIEF OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
LARGE MULTI-SPECIALTY PHYSICIAN PRACTICE
A network of 250 facilities including more than 1,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians across Kentucky. Providers represent more than 85 specialties including primary care and family medicine, internal medicine, osteopathic medicine, emergency medicine, general surgery and a wide range of surgical specialties offering advanced treatment and care
Scope of the Job
The Vice President of Operations will be located at Corporate Headquarters in Louisville, KY and will report to the President. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Medical Group. This position will provide hands-on leadership ensuring consistent service level throughout the service areas, with a penchant for detail and flexibility in supporting the physicians, employees and patients, resulting in a high level of patient and employee satisfaction. In collaboration with the Senior Management and Leadership Team, the Vice President of Operations will serve as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and achieve effective utilization/quality goals/objectives across the service area.
The VP of Operations is expected to be knowledgeable about healthcare reform including value-based care, accountable care, population health management and patient-centered care that impact physician practices, reimbursement and relationships/alliances hospitals, surgery centers, insurance companies and regulatory agencies.
A strong financial acumen is required for this role as well as a thorough understanding of general office procedures and general accounting principles.
- Works well with physicians and administrative colleagues; creates and fosters a culture of teamwork and professionalism.
- Develops and fosters collaboration with the medical group, hospital leadership, and all other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services and fulfilling the mission statement.
- Overseas the operation and service delivery of the practice sites including productivity and staffing.
- Establishes clear accountabilities and performance metrics for each practice site; educates and updates physicians and staff on performance metrics.
- Identifies opportunities for achieving productivity standards for each practice and assists in the development of plans to implement changes to improve efficiencies.
- Develops measures with benchmarks of operational and financial performance, regularly monitors performance and identifies opportunities to increase revenue.
- Works with Patient Financial Services to ensure that the billing department is operating at an optimum level and provides clear communication to the physicians relative to individual billing matters.
- Participates in strategic planning and decision making.
- In partnership with Human Resources, ensures consistent on-boarding of new practices and providers.
- Stays apprised of the on-going physician needs and makes recommendations to the annual recruitment plan based on access issues and organizational strategy.
- Responsible for compliance and legal issues both state and federal regarding all regulatory matters. Areas include but not limited to: HIPPA, OSHA, CMS, OIG and network organizational integrity.
- Provides training and other professional development opportunities that improve staff competency levels and equip staff in meeting established job standards. Included in this ensuring staff’s understanding of financial and operational performance and results of their practice.
- In partnership with the Marketing Department, identify opportunities and strategies to increase awareness and market share of the network based on award winning clinical outcomes and the mission focus.
- MBA or MHA other applicable graduate degree.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience managing large complex organizations or senior practice manager/administrator of physician practices in multi-specialty or primary practice with sub-specialties to include hands-on experience in finance, marketing, legal, recruitment and revenue cycle management.
- Knowledge regarding value-based ambulatory healthcare.
- High degree of experience and demonstrated success in conflict management, strategic thinking skills, critical and analytical thinking and collaborative competencies.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess interpersonal/listening skills to interact effectively with individuals of all backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
- Possess strong business/financial acumen (the knowledge and understanding of the financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions).
- High-energy, results-focused forward thinking process improvement professional with strong leadership skills and an ability to develop effective relationships through influence.
- Proven ability to drive process improvement and develop employee engagement.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to drive change as well as the ability to motivate others to adopt a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, data analysis and work flow design is necessary.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate through the gray and deliver solutions developed in collaboration with others.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to ask questions that expand conversations and deliver unique and impactful solutions.
- Strong business/financial acumen and ability to understand organizational business drivers, both internal and external and a propensity to be data and metrics driven.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, listening, coaching, and facilitation) with demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and dynamic organization.
- Customer service orientation, with patient-centric concept of service excellence. Proven ability to create an environment that leads to an exceptional patient experience.
- Exceptional relationship building and relationship management skills. Possesses the ability to relate at all levels of the organization. Requires an executive presence.
- Understands physician relationship dynamics; has the professional demeanor and interpersonal skills to earn the respect, confidence, and support of physicians. Personal qualities of accountability, credibility, and trustworthiness will be key to establishing a working rapport.
- Possesses a sense of urgency and proactive problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify alternative solutions that are creative and innovative; project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations that support the organizational goals. Proven ability to effectively lead complex organizations with multiple stakeholders.
- Change management experience – requires the ability to separate the urgent from the important, manage time-sensitive projects, and competing priorities. Individual must be comfortable in an environment characterized by rapidly changing priorities, inherent complexity, with demanding timelines, and multiple stakeholders.
A compensation package will be designed to attract outstanding talent and will include a base salary, commission and an attractive benefits package.
Zingaro, Fidler, Wolfe & Company